Salida Dance Studio was founded in 2012 by Jaime Keating & JoDee Kane and offers ballet, tap, jazz, hip hop, modern, contemporary, improvisation & choreography, lyrical, Irish Step and dance fitness classes which included Zumba, Gentle Yoga, Flow by Amanda Wright, and Fit in 60 Barre.
The studio is committed to continuing dance education for their students and teachers through guest workshops, outside experiences and performances as well as continued teacher trainings.
The studio has invested a great deal in providing a professional space that protects dancers bodies and education to keep kids informed about their health.
We also provide a series of dance fitness classes for our students and adults to maintain a healthy and fun lifestyle. At the Salida Dance Studio we believe dance is for a lifetime and development begins at any age.
Below are Salida Dance Studio’s Policies:
• All students must have a parent or guardian sign them in before classes.
• Waiver must be signed before attending classes.
• All classes must be paid before the 1st of the month or child cannot participate.
• Classes for children are cumulative so participation is mandatory for success.
• There will be no drop in’s for children’s classes.
• There will be no credit given for classes missed but a child may make-up the class by attending another class at the studio.
• In the event that SDS has to cancel a class we will provide a make-up class at a later date.
• There will be no late registration for children who want to participate in the recital. It is mandatory to be a part of the rehearsal process. We require 3 months of rehearsing before any performance.
• Classes run on a tight schedule please be sure to come to class on time and be respectful of the classes before and after you. There is now a back entrance and bike behind the studio. Please use this entrance when possible.
• Please turn off your cell phones before entering the studio.
• No Street shoes are allowed on the studio floor at anytime. Zumba students should bring a clean pair of gym shoes for class.
• Please be respectful of any food and drink in the studio. If it is necessary please keep it on the entrance area. No food will be allowed on the studio floor. Please do not send nuts as we have kids with allergies. Please be responsible for your own mess.
– All classes are a one-season commitment (Sept-May) and follow the school holiday schedule. If public school is not in session the children’s classes are not in session.
– The studio will not hold make-up sessions for holidays.
– If a child misses a class there are no refunds or credits, no exceptions.
– Teachers must be notified of any absences, any unexcused absences between April & May may affect the recital and performances.
– Classes must be paid in full at the beginning of the year, unless a payment plan has been approved.
– Registration will be open from July 31st – Sept 30. (Mid year registration will be from Dec 1 – Dec 25, based on availability.)
– Wait lists will be kept for each class and filled as space becomes available.
– Classes are first come first serve.
– There must be a minimum of 5 students for the class to be official.
– All classes will be capped at 16 kids.
– Salida Dance Studio Showcase is May 13-15, 2016
– Leotard & tights (Girls)/ T-shirt and pants or shorts (boys) and the appropriate foot wear must be worn at all times. Hair must be pulled back and out of faces at all times. Ballet and technique classes require leotards and tighter fitting clothes to be able to make corrections. It is important to respect your teacher and these requests.
– No GUM is allowed in the studio.
– No talking in class, if you are not listening to your teacher you may be asked to leave class.
– Please notify your teacher of any injuries or complaints, it is recommend that you still attend class if you are injured so you can maintain your choreography and continue to learn.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact studio owner Jaime Keating 719.221.0515